Payment & Shipping Terms:
|MF:||C24H29N5O3||Standard:||USP EP BP CP|
|Payment Term:||Western Union, Paypal, T/T, Moneygram||Shipping:||DHL TNT FedEx HKEMS UPS Sea Air|
pharmaceutical raw materials
Valsartan powder Medicine Raw Material for Antihypertensive CAS 137862-53-4
1. Valsartan ( trade name Diovan ) is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (commonly called an ARB, or angiotensin receptor blocker ), that is selective for the type I ( AT1 ) angiotensin receptor. Valsartan is mainly used for treatment of high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and to increase the chances of living longer after a heart attack.
2. Valsartan is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to treat heart failure ( condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the rest of the body ) and to improve survival after a heart attack. Valsartan is in a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
3. High blood pressure is a common condition and when not treated, can cause damage to the brain, heart, blood vessels, kidneys and other parts of the body. Damage to these organs may cause heart disease, a heart attack, heart failure, stroke, kidney failure, loss of vision, and other problems. In addition to taking medication, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes most days, not smoking, and using alcohol in moderation.
USP EP BP CP
1. Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Valsartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow. Valsartan is used to treat high blood pressure ( hypertension ) in adults and children who are at least 6 years old. Valsartan is also used in adults to treat heart failure, and to lower the risk of death after a heart attack. Valsartan is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications.
Valsartan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
2. Valsartan is used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. It is also used to improve the chance of living longer after a heart attack. In people with heart failure, it may also lower the chance of having to go to the hospital for heart failure. Valsartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers ( ARBs ). It works by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.
3. Valsartan is used to treat high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and to reduce death for people with left ventricular dysfunction after having had a heart attack.There is contradictory evidence with regard to treating people with heart failure with a combination of an angiotensin receptor blocker like valsartan and an angiotensin - converting enzyme inhibitor, with two major clinical trials ( CHARM - additive and ValHeFt ) showing a reduction in death, and two others ( VALIANT and ONTARGET ) showing no benefits, and more adverse effects including heart attacks. In people with type II diabetes and high blood pressure or albumin in the urine, valsartan is used to slow the worsening and the development end - stage renal disease.
|Appearance||White to almost white powder||White powder|
|Identification||Infrared absorption: The IR spectrum is consistent with that obtained with the reference||Conforms|
|The retention time of the major peak in the chromatogram of the Assay preparation corresponds to that in the chromatogram of the Standard preparation, as obtained in the Assay.||Conforms|
|Residue on ignition||NMT 0.1%||0.07%|
|Heavy metals||NMT 0.001%||Complies|
|Related compounds ( HPLC )||Compound A NMT 1.0%||0.59%|
|Compound B NMT 0.2%||0.04%|
|Compound C NMT 0.1%||0.05%|
|Any other individual impurity NMT 0.1% ( excluding compound A )||0.07%|
|Total impurities NMT 0.3% ( excluding compound A )||0.16%|
|Residual solvents ( GC )||Ethyl acetate NMT 5000ppm||305ppm|
|Dichloromethane NMT 600ppm||Undetected|
|Methanol NMT 3000ppm||Undetected|
|N, N - Dimethylformamide NMT 880PPM||Undetected|
|Assay ( HPLC )||98.0%~102.0%||99.65%|