Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Other Name:||P - Aminobenzoic Acid ( PABA )||CAS:||150-13-0|
|Appearance:||White Crystalline Powder||Assay:||98.5%~101.5%|
|Payment Term:||Western Union, Paypal, T/T, Moneygram||Shipping:||DHL TNT FedEx HKEMS UPS Sea Air|
active pharmaceutical ingredients,
pharmaceutical active ingredients
CAS 150-13-0, 4 - Aminobenzoic acid Active Pharmaceutical Intermediates for sunscreen Agent
4-Aminobenzoic acid ( also known as para - aminobenzoic acid or PABA because the number 4 carbon in the benzene ring is also known as the para position ) is an organic compound with the formula H2NC6H4CO2H.
PABA is a white solid, although commercial samples can appear gray. It is slightly soluble in water. It consists of a benzene ring substituted with amino and a carboxyl groups. The compound occurs naturally.
PABA is used as Dyes and Pharmaceutical Intermediates. It is used to product red M-80, M-10B, reactive red violet X - 2R dye and Prepare the production of drug of cyano acid, namely 4 - carboxyl benzylamine. PABA can also be used as a sunscreen Agent.
|Characters||White or off - white crystalline powder.||White crystalline powder|
|Identification||IR should comply with the reference standard specturm. UV should comply with the reference standard specturm.||IR complies with the reference standard specturm. UV complies with the reference standard specturm.|
|Volatile diazoizable substances||Not more than 0.002%||Conforms|
|Loss on drying||Not more than 0.2%||0.12%|
|Residue on ignition||Not more than 0.1%||0.04%|
|Heavy metals||Not more than 0.002%||Conforms|
1. Despite the lack of any recognized syndromes of PABA deficiency in humans, except for a few people who lack the bacteria that generate PABA in their colons, many claims of benefit are made by commercial suppliers of PABA as a nutritional supplement.
2. Benefit is claimed for fatigue, irritability, depression, weeping eczema ( moist eczema ), scleroderma ( premature hardening of skin ), patchy pigment loss in skin ( vitiligo ), and premature grey hair.
1. The potassium salt is used as a drug against fibrotic skin disorders, such as Peyronie's disease, under the trade name Potaba.
2. PABA is also occasionally used in pill form by sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome to treat its associated gastrointestinal symptoms, and in nutritional epidemiological studies to assess the completeness of 24 - hour urine collection for the determination of urinary sodium, potassium, or nitrogen levels.
Commercial and industrial use
1. PABA finds use mainly in the biomedical sector. Other uses include its conversion to specialty azo dyes and crosslinking agents.
2. In the past, PABA was widely used in sunscreens as a UV filter. It is a UVB absorber, meaning it can absorb wavelengths between 290 and 320 nm.